On October 8th, 2016 we took Skye to the vet for what we thought was a minor injury. She had a slight bump on the left side of her face and was in some discomfort when yawning or opening her mouth too wide. After an exam and xrays our worst nightmares came true. Skye has cancer. With our devastating news in hand we moved forward with trying to decide the next best step. Our first oncologist visit left us feeling helpless. We were told her tumor was inoperable and if we moved forward with chemo and radiation we were looking at 5-9 months left with our girl. With that information in mind we looked for a second opinion. The second oncologist offered more hope with surgery as an option. While all this was going on we took comfort in knowing we have pet insurance so at least some of the bills would be covered. 2 days after surgery we found out that insurance had denied all our claims and we would have to come up with the money out of pocket. In less than 2 months we have accrued almost $10k in medical bills. We wont know for a few weeks if Skye will also need chemo or radiation, but at this point we aren't sure how we will pay for it if she does. Skye is our baby and we can't give up hope as long as she wants to fight!